Tuesday, April 8, 2008

GPS Systems

Gone are the days of looking at a map. I could never read one anyway and I would invariably stop any breathing and walking human if I was in a panic and I was lost and ask them for directions. Then I discovered mapquest which I still use. Recently I was really impressed when I went on a day trip with an old friend who if I am being kind is a nervous wreck and has even less of sense of direction than I have. We were headed to Staten Island from the Freehold Mall. It was an adventure and we arrived at our destination with plenty of time to spare and all with the help of "Polly" otherwise known as "Garmin".

It is an amazing device and I really welcome it as it will enable me to go with confidence to places unknown and expand my world (that's "dd's world).

No comments: